Our stock market news API provides three types of APIs:
- Query API to search our news corpus
- Real-time stream API to receive new articles in real-time as soon as they are published
- Article content render API to render the HTML version of each article
We monitor all sources (see full list here) in real-time and new articles are indexed in under 500 milliseconds after publication. Our natural language processing algortihms identify companies mentioned in any article and tag the article with the corresponding ticker symbols.
The query API allows you to search and filter articles in our entire news corpus. Common use cases are
- Hedge funds building their own internal due diligence platform
- Backtesting a quantitative breakout trading strategy using news as catalysts
- Finding the last two 10-Q filings of a company to compare them against the most recently filed 10-Q
- News feed integration into websites or trading/investment chat rooms
Our news corpus contains articles from different sources. The number of available articles depends on the news source and when we started indexing the source.
The stream API provides a live stream (aka feed) of newly published articles. Common use cases are
- A better alternative to brokers' inbuilt news streams
- Quants generating alpha signals in real-time for quantitative trading strategies
- Informing traders and investors in real-time when a new SEC
10-Qfiling is published
- Investment advisers providing their clients with real-time email alerts
You can connect to the streaming server using socket.io or websocket. Once connected, you will receive new articles in JSON format. You can use Python, Node.js, React or any other framework and language supporting socket.io or websocket clients.
Tutorials, request parameters and response formats are described below.